      From: Linda Ellis
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 2:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Orange trash bags.

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Tom Frazier wildewudu@...
      Tothewoods has plans/info. on a raincover that can also be used as a tarp, a gear hammock, a rain collector, water bag, etc.
      http://www.tothewoo ds.net/HomemadeG earPackCoverGear Hammock.html
      Eliminates having to bring a limited-use (and easy to puncture) plastic bag.

      Tom, don't you carry garbage bags to remove your waste? Certainly, one can take along as much gear as you wish to carry, but pack weight is always an issue. I've seen people cut off half the handle of their toothbrush to save weight!
      In my opinion, nobody should take off for even a morning hike without a trash bag or two on their person. It's useful for trash collection, certainly, but in an emergency, we should all remember the usefulness of every basic item we carry for "non-traditional" purposes. If we think carefully about the multiple ways each item, we can reduce our pack weight considerably.Recent Activity
      10New Members
      12New Photos
      Visit Your Group
      Y! Sports for TV