18968Re: [Hammock Camping] A lot to learn!!!

  • Ralph Oborn
    Apr 20, 2008
      On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:51 PM, thomassen_ralph <thomassen_ralph@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Mark,
      > I can see the the straps on the Speer hammock would be alot easier on
      > the tree, and reduce the chance of a rope slipping dramatically. I
      > have seen some materials like that at the hardware store. I will
      > check that out to see if its strong enough.

      A good source for straps are the motorcycle tie downs. I wouldn't nessarily
      trust the tightners and I would remove most of the hooks, but the straps are
      designed for weight, and are available everywhere.

      Ralph