      From: Sandy Kramer
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 11:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Claytor hammocks and no see ums

      haven't finished reading messages after this one, but your close-up
      photo wasn't too clear.

      A sporting goods store rep explained to me that mosquito netting is
      small squares. No see 'um mesh has zigzag threads within the squares.

      sandy in miami

      > Indeed, I looked at the Claytor website again and it said this:
      >
      > "These hammocks are designed for keeping mosquitoes, no-see-ums,
      black flies, snakes and scorpions away from you, so that you can rest
      comfortably."

      > In my efforts to get materials together to make my family (7
      hammocks total) I've noticed that there are two basic kinds of
      netting available for camping purposes. The mosquito netting and the
      finer no-see-um netting. The Claytor looks like it has mosquito
      netting to me.

      http://www.mosquitohammock.com/images/picJungleHammockYKKzip.JPG

      > When I read the website it also said the mosquito netting would be
      black, but mine came with green netting. Not sure if it was earlier
      stock, or what, but my netting isn't no-see-um mesh, it's just plain
      old 'mosquito netting'.

      no-see-ums. Hmmmm! Wonder if that is true. The little boogers will
      chew you up day and night when they are prevalent.

      > David
      >
      > David and Cara Lawson-Ball
      > RiverJourneys Inc.
      > 70529 Martin Road
      > Edwardsburg, MI 49112
      >
      > 574-535-3623
      > http://www.riverjourneys.org
      > riverjourneys@...
      >
      > Dedicated to providing our customers personal growth,
      > team building, and leadership development through outdoor
      adventure.

      > "In the woods nothing will befall me . . . no disgrace, no
      calamity
      > which nature cannot repair."
      >
      > Ralph Waldo Emerson

      4/7/2008 8:56 AM