      From: ddahlen123
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:41 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: ,Newbie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Frazier"
      wrote:

      > I just got my claytor yesterday and took it outside for a lazy
      afternoon test. After inspecting the stitches (which came undone on my
      cheap byer) I"m very pleased. Good craftsmanship. So much more comfy
      than the byer..I have a home-made one too and though the claytor isn't
      as wide, the 9ft 9in length makes it easy to lay flat in it.

      > So far, I have to say I love the thing. I'm going to go spring
      camping in the mountains in two weeks to see how it performs. I look
      forward to seeing how well the hammock performs. I have yet to be able
      to actually sleep in one....I almost had a full night's sleep in the
      byer ...but I kept having to struggle with the sleep pad I was using
      (Thermarest 4L) and ended up perpendicular to the ridgeline...which
      stretched out the bugnet and probably had something to do with
      weakening it.

      > I slept in the claytor hammock ground-style last night...it's okay
      for that purpose, and nice that I an use it as a ground tent, though
      the netting was a little close to my face used this way. Still, I love
      the thing and can't wait to get some *real* use out of it. I'm using
      their stock tarp and a Speer Winter Tarp (SWT) for more wind
      protection. I've tried pitching them both and they're both great,
      though the tarp that comes with my claytor is nearly twice the weight
      (and half as big) as the Winter Tarp....I figure I'll use the claytor
      for more summer months and the SWT for the spring and fall
      months...maybe winter one of these days too.

      > Tom

      keep us posted as to the out come in two weeks. I have an HH - been
      using it the past three years mainly for the BWCA area. I 'm
      interested in the Claytor mosquitohammock.
      ------------Dick Dahlen southern Minnnesota