18898Re: [Hammock Camping] Doubts about Hammock's use

  • Sandy Kramer
    Mar 31, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

      > Hey Flavio,
      >

      > While most of the world sleeps in hammocks as you have portayed in
      the link below, that is not how camping hammocks are intended to be
      used. Most, if not all of them, are intended to be used with the user
      having their head at one end and their feet at another - sleeping
      either in straight alignment with the end attachments, or at a slight
      diagonel, but not completely perpendicular.>>

      I have a camping hammock with a bugnet (Byer's Mosquito Traveler) and
      I sleep in it diagonally, which is what gives your body the proper
      alignment and comfort. I have arthritis and many co-sufferers agree
      that when you find the sweet spot, hammock sleeping is wonderful.

      Don't see how you could be comfortable sleeping like a banana.

      sandy in miami
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic