18865Re: [Hammock Camping] How High do you hang your hammock?

  • Ralph Oborn
    Mar 17, 2008
      On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...> wrote:

      > I don't worry about racoons traipsing under me while I
      > sleep.
      >
      > It's the porcupines I worry about.
      >
      > Get the point?????
      >
      > RB

      While tarping at a scout camp and later at a public campground, I've had
      skunks walk right over me.
      They were very accustomed to people, and to people throwing food into the
      bushes.

      I'm not afraid of the skunk per se..... I'm afraid of startling the skunk.
      :]

      So I started looking for large (long) lightweight cheap tents and stumbled
      upon hammocks (and this list)

      The rest (as they say) is history

      ( I teach my scouts about "skunk bait" (the problem with throwing
      waste food into the bushes)

      Ralph Oborn