      From: Dar <rigpilot@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:18:15 PM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] State Park Hanging Rules

      Did you miss the point that they are not protecting just trees?

      Moss, snails, ground cover, flora, fauna, insects, animals, and various
      environmental elements need protection.

      Also, don't forget that most hangers/campers/ packers do not use their
      equipment properly. As well, many feel entitled if they see others
      doing what they want to do.

      Why further burden overworked and underpaid Park personnel?

      --- tim garner <slowhike@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > i think what would really be better would be that park managers
      > take the time to look at what will really harm the trees rather than
      > throw a blanket over any use of trees.
      > that's kind of a "cop out"<G>. ...tim

      Be a better friend, newshound, and

      Be a better friend, newshound, and