18837Re: [Hammock Camping] State Park Hanging Rules

    Feb 28, 2008
      list@... wrote:
      And they've often seen it all. It's not so much that they don't believe
      you, it's that they don't think you will fix any damage you do, even if
      they catch you before you leave. I agree with them - fixing up a tree
      is pretty darn hard to do, even if you're a tree. Replacing the tree
      is similarly difficult since it still takes us 200 years to grow a 200
      year old tree, despite the awesome array of technology we have available.

      So since you can't make amaends for any damage, it's better to try to
      prevent you doing the damage in the first place.

      Moz

      i think what would really be better would be that park managers take the time to look at what will really harm the trees rather than throw a blanket over any use of trees.
      that's kind of a "cop out"<G>. ...tim