      From: Sandy Kramer
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:00 PM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] State Park Hanging Rules

      Not in Florida, it wouldn't be (fine). They do not allow anything at
      all to be hung from a tree.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, pure mahem <pure_mahem@...>
      > I think a lot of the no hammock things in state parks is eminating
      from the thought that you are going to screw a huge eye hook into the
      tree. I think if they see you are using straps to protect the trees
      you'll be fine. Maybe some well written letters to the
      representatives can get the wording changed in the laws so we won't
      get hastled all the time. JMO!!!
      there's not a set policy against using hammocks in those state parks.
      it mainly has to do w/ the rangers that are present at the time.
      > i would hope that you would be fine in most cases (in those states)
      but i could make no guarantees. i would have a nice thick air mat
      ready in case i was told i couldn't hang from the trees in a
      > there would also be a chance (especially on a busy weekend) that
      you couldn't get a site w/ decent trees for hanging.
      > and i've decided that instead of asking, it better to go ahead &
      hang, using straps that protect the tree of course. JMHO ...tim