18831Re: [Hammock Camping] State Park Hanging Rules

    Feb 28, 2008
      i've used a couple state parks in NC & VA. as far as i can gather, there's not a set policy against using hammocks in those state parks. it mainly has to do w/ the rangers that are present at the time.
      i would hope that you would be fine in most cases (in those states) but i could make no guarantees. i would have a nice thick air mat ready in case i was told i couldn't hang from the trees in a campground.
      there would also be a chance (especially on a busy weekend) that you couldn't get a site w/ decent trees for hanging.
      and i've decided that instead of asking, it better to go ahead & hang, using straps that protect the tree of course. JMHO ...tim

      eglonwv <eglonwv@...> wrote:
      I am planning a biking/camping tour of several states starting in
      April. I know the FL state parks don't like me hanging my HH.

      How are the rules for hanging in the state parks of AL, GA, MS, TN, NC
      and VA?

      LeeG