18727Re: [Hammock Camping] Superstitions hike anyone???????

  • billybob38801
    Feb 2 7:50 PM
      Air trapped in a trash bag placed in under a hammock works real good
      if something like a crinkled up space blanket in in the bag, which
      will help the air become more "dead". I imagine air filled bags alone
      would be better than nothing, compared to air that is completely open.
      But still not very good except when compared to nothing and a nice
      cold breeze of outside air blowing under your back.
      Bill

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman
      <caralinb@...> wrote:

      > Is this true? If so, what's the reason for it? I, too, know that air
      > mattresses are a great way to freeze in the winter. You mean they do
      > not set up the same sorts of convections when suspended in hammocks?
      > Hard to believe.
      >
      > Any ideas on the physics of this?
      >
      > CL
      >
      > Blake Robert wrote:
      > > I may carry a 1966 Vietnam issue hammock as a
      > > Taco for use to hold airbags---though, I do not
      > > understand how air matresses make you cold in winter
      > > camping on the ground while airbags make you warm when
      > > they are between two hammocks.

    • Show all 56 messages in this topic