18691Re: [Hammock Camping] sticky fly

  • bloffy13
    Jan 24, 2008
      Hey all,
      I was finally able to get in touch with Tom yesterday. The email
      problem seemed to be at my end not theirs. Curse third world
      internet.
      Again thanks all for you hints etc, especially Rosaleen for
      forwarding my queries to Hennessys for me.
      Hennessy Hammocks have come through again and are more than happy to
      send me out a new fly, which is excellent service.
      Okay, enough advertising space. Hope you all manage to get out there
      and hang out
      Bloffy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>
      wrote:

      > Email Tom Hennesy he might have some ideas for you or replace the
      fly.
      > Short term just shake some talcum powder between the flay to keep
      it from
      > sticking.
      > Just curious does unsticking the fly cause it to leak?
      > Rogene

      BACKPACKER A-SYM.
      > > When I unpacked it, the fly seemed to be glued together and I
      spent
      > > about an hour unsticking it. I thought it was because it was new
      but
      > > the problem has continued.
      > > I normally live on the south coast of Western Australia which
      has a
      > > relatively cool (but not cold by Northern Hemisphere standards)
      climate
      > > so I don't think it has to do with being to hot.
      > > I am currently living in the tropics and my job means I have to
      spend
      > > nights in the jungle, which was the principal reason I bought the
      > > hammock in the first place.
      > > While I can set the hammock up in a relatively short period of
      time,
      > > the fly seems to take forever because I have to unglue it every
      time,
      > > which defeats the purpose of hanging out.
      > > Anyway, to make a long story short, has anyone else experienced
      this
      > > problem before and, if so, how the hell do you fix it.
      > > HELP lOTS
      > > BLOFFY
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic