18656Re: [Hammock Camping] tips for use of CCF pads with PeaPods( or UQs)?

  • Johan van Dijk
    Jan 21, 2008
      Sorry for the late reply. Been awfully busy with work and my scuba diving
      hobby.

      My Speer setup will probably replace my HH. Not sure about the No Sniveler
      though. I might use that as a topquilt/down poncho when low temps make that
      necessary.

      We haven't had any real cold weather... but me being used to tropics
      anything around 30 F (0 C) is cold enough ;-)

      One trick I learned concerning "cold weather camping" was to unpack your
      sleeping bag just shortly before going to bed... give it enough time to
      loft, but not enough to collect the cold/damp...

      > So I will keep you all posted about my experiences with the peapod and
      the hammock/mozzienet/tarp when I can make some time.

      Right now we have a bit of an autumn like storm blowing with a warm day temp
      of around 8 C (who is talking about winter here <eg>).

      Grtz Johan

      mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63
      email: gonewalkabout2003@...

      http://www.geocities.com/johanvandijk