18550Re: New Years

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Jan 3, 2008
      Hi, Gang-

      Well, I made it to Springer for New Year-sort of. Midnight struck while a
      small group of us were on our way up. The trip from where we were took
      longer than any of us anticipated. It was cold enough and late enough that
      I went looking for a place to sleep and crawled into my sleeping bag. We
      might have been able to visit briefly in the AM, but one of the group was in
      a rush to leave due to the cold. I suspect it was the biting wind that put
      the coldness over the edge. The night certainly was clear and beautiful,
      and sleeping on a mountain top was a great way to start the year. I just
      hope missing the gang and the cold are not signs of how the rest of the year
      goes. So near, yet so far.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic