18544[Hammock Camping] Re: New Years

    Dec 28, 2007
      Tim,

      You Gators have lots of wants <grin>. You might check with Josh and
      Leigh at the Hiker Hostel and see if they will be watching the game.
      Some years they have been at Springer and some years they haven't.
      They have a web site http://hikerhostel.com/ , do shuttles at times,
      and probably have a good handle on the water situation. They are only
      5 miles from Woody Gap on GA60. We are getting rain now in Atlanta,
      have had some, and look to get some more... but I don't know what the
      water sources are like on the AT. I'm still open to dropping your car
      off and taking you to a trailhead on the Georgia AT on New Year's Day,
      but I'm heading home to Atlanta after that.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000AT
      WinterTarp