18387Re: [Hammock Camping] Will I ever get better at setting up?

    Dec 3, 2007
      I once timed myself putting up my hammock and getting in the quilt for
      some purpose on one of the hammock or hiking lists. It was about 2-1/2
      minutes. Add another 2 minutes for the tarp. When I lay out my tarp
      tent, it takes about 2-3 minutes.

      What takes more time is finding the right place. Along the AT, finding
      a good hammock place is easy while finding a place for a tent may take a
      mile of walking. In Texas, oftentimes finding a place for a tent is
      easier than finding the trees for a hammock.

      Practice does make it easier. Not hurrying almost always makes it faster.

      Risk