18367Re: Survival/emergency topics, was Solar Stills

  • dt king
    Dec 2, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Linda Ellis <lellis4563@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new to this list, and this is my first post! I'm happy to
      see survival/emergency topics
      > discussed, because that's pretty much why I bought the hammocks in
      the first place!

      Avoiding a dangerous survival situation is a far underrated skill.
      Most often, experienced trekkers don't need to start a fire with
      sticks, because they brought three other ways of making a fire.

      The most dangerous hike you will ever undertake will start out as a
      short day hike. People going out for an afternoon in the woods don't
      pack the essentials for making it through the night, so missteps turn
      into tragedies.

      Don't hit the trail without the minimum gear to survive the night for
      each of you. Know how to use it without thinking. Hypothermia and
      dehydration make everybody stupid.

      Enjoy your retirement!

      David King
    • Show all 68 messages in this topic