18343[Hammock Camping] Re: female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleep...

  • Jamie D.
    Nov 29, 2007
      Hi Rick,

      What's the book you are reading, if you don't mind sharing the
      title. I really enjoyed Cody Lundin's "98.7 Degrees, the Art of
      Keeping your Ass Alive". I think he mentions something about the
      solar still not being worth it too.

      jamie

      > Best idea is to try this out before deciding to rely on it. The
      amount
      > of sweat spent in digging a hole 3 foot wide and 3 foot deep is
      amazing,
      > especially when one has no shovel. I have tried using smaller set-
      ups.
      > They have always been disappointing. The essential design
      criteria is
      > that the slope of the plastic needs to be steep enough so that the
      water
      > runs off it.
      >
      > I am reading a desert survival book this week. In that book, the
      solar
      > still is called idol worship. It seems like a good idea, but does
      not
      > accomplish much.
      >
      > Rick

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic