18219Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: leave no trace research on hammocks

  • amendment2@aol.com
    Oct 30, 2007
      I don't do research, just a hammock owner. Before Trailplace closed it's
      doors recently, I was attempting to get some information on the effect of
      hammocks on trees. I asked folks at Oregon State University to comment on what
      effect hammocks would have on the tree. There was nothing scientific quoted from
      Leave no trace institute or OSU. They "felt" there would be no harmful
      effects.