1821Re: Glucosamine (was Hammock Camping AT Section Hike)

  • Risk
    Jun 20 4:36 AM
      Dawn,

      Vit I: TrailName for ibuprophen aka Motrin aka Advil; I take 400 mg
      when anything/everything is sore, usually just in the morning when
      hiking, but can be used 4 times a day. After a couple days on the
      trail, I usually don't need it anymore.

      Oh, and for Ed who was looking for an inexpensive source of
      Glucosamine: Sams Club (next to Walmart most places) has plain
      Glucosamine 1000 mg; 240 tabs for $9.50 At $.04 per tab and Ed's
      recommended daily dose of 2000 mg (2 gm) it ends up costing $2.40 a
      month.

      That is the best price I have found in the last month of looking.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "dawnhark" <dawnhark@y...>
      wrote:

      > Rick, what is Vit I? Also, FWIW, I just now started my dog on Joint
      > Care Plus, it's glucosamine, chondroitin, Vit C, and MSM. My friend
      > says it made her 8-yr old Choc Lab like she's only 4! She also
      warned
      > me to get the one w/MSM, because she tried the version without it
      and
      > it didn't do the trick. For Dogs--from www.drsfostersmith.com
      >
      > Dawn
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic