18204Re: leave no trace research on hammocks

  • cuicui97
    Oct 29, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Francois" <franczazou@...>
      wrote:

      > We're doing a university reseach about the impact of hammocks on trees
      > and we need your help! Please take a few seconds to tell us:
      > 1- what type of rope/strap you use and the size
      > 2-What is the perfect rope angle for confort (45 degrees from
      vertical??)

      > We will let you know at the end of our research what combination as
      > the least impact and on what kind of trees.
      > Thanks in advance!
      > -Franc and team Ā«leave no traceĀ»

      I, too, am skeptical. Perhaps a little more info would serve to
      inspire confidence. What school is involved? What is the name and
      number of the course? Who is the instructor? How is impact to be
      guaged?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic