18178Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Water in the Southeast

    Oct 22 12:49 PM
      i thought you were just trying to start conversation Dave. i knew that you already knew more than i do about finding water<g>.
      that's a good question. i know shorter hikes around reliable creeks & rivers, but i'm not thinking of anything right off that crosses or follows that much reliable water.
      some people have said that there is a lot of water crossing the Foothills Trails", but i'm not familiar w/ it my self.

      Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

      I didn't phrase my question correctly. I was looking for a 50 to 100
      mile backpacking trip where water won't be too much of a problem. I
      am afraid right now that some section of trails may have 15 to 20 mile
      gaps between water sources and I wanted to avoid those and find a
      trail that had water every 6 to 12 miles.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark"
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble"
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Any advice on trails in the SE for 50 to 100 mile backpacking trips in
      > > this current drought?
      > >
      > Carry more water containers?
      > Seriously, I was on Max Patch over the weekend. I quizzed a couple of
      > folks who had walked in from Hot Springs. There were still at least
      > three sources in the 21 miles. I don't know about the sources to the
      > south. There's some water out there, just not as often as we're used
      > to seeing.
      > I'm planning a hike around Caesar's Head and Table Rock SPs next
      > weekend. I'm hoping there's some water around.

      Do You Yahoo!?