18154Re: NYE at Springer

  • rosaleen43
    Oct 11, 2007
      Hi, Dave-

      Thanks for answering.

      I think it is just me looking for a ride to/near an airport. I am
      trying to work a visit to my parents (Ohio), a few days of Gal Pal
      time (maaybe NC) AND a trip to Srpinger for NYE, and back home to
      the Boston area into my Christmas school break. I don't want much,
      huh?

      It is looking like the price i wanted to pay for a flight home is
      sold out in Atlanta unless I could get there by about Noon. That
      might be a bit early after partying the night before at Springer.
      really, who will want to get up and "move out smartly."

      I haven;t quite given up, yet. Decisions need to be soon or all the
      flights might be full.

      Thanks again!

      Rosaleen

      > Rosaleen,
      >
      > How many people do you have to get to an airport and by what time at
      > the Atlanta airport? The MARTA train goes out north of Atlanta a
      > little ways and the train goes to the airport, which is south of
      > Atlanta http://www.itsmarta.com/ . Some people, me in particular,
      > would have it so it wouldn't be any trouble to drop you off at the
      > MARTA station as that route wouldn't be out of my way while the
      > airport itself would be an additional 60 mile round trip or so but
      > might get you there a half-hour or so quicker.
      >
      > You do realize that the NYE thing is iffy if a big winter storm
      comes
      > through. If it was me getting you to a MARTA station, I would count
      > on a two hour drive from Springer to the Doraville MARTA station or
      > North Point MARTA station, and then a hour commute on the train,
      where
      > you just stay on the train until it ends at the airport from either
      > station.
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rosaleen Sullivan"
      > <rosaleen43@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, Guys-
      > >
      > > I am going to predict there will be several people from this list
      > heading out to Springer for New Year's Eve this year.
      > >
      > > There is an outside chance I can get there this year, culminating
      > very convoluted trip with some gal pals. A critical piece of the
      plan
      > involves getting back to the Boston area before school starts on
      Jan. 2.

      > > Is someone here who is planning to celebrate NYE on Springer able
      > drop me off at the Charlotte, NC, airport by about 4 PM on Jan 1?
      The