18132Re: Best material for making quilts for use inside the hammock

    Oct 4, 2007

      The 1.1 oz rip stop nylon with DWR is the standby for the down quilts
      I have made. I think that is what most of the DIY crowd uses unless
      they have some specific application where they want something more
      water resistance or want to see just how light they can make something
      with the lightest possible materials they can get their hands on.

      I haven't used synthetic insulation before. I am curious as to why
      you are using different types of insulation for the warm and cold
      weather quilts when you are using one layer on one and two layers on
      the other. I have looked at the Climashield and was a little puzzled
      with the different versions they had of it. They had one that had the
      best insulative value per ounce but it wasn't the highest lofting
      version. What do you gain by not using the best insulative value per
      ounce version?

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender, SnugFit Underquilt, and
      Winter Tarp
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic