18097[Hammock Camping] Re: Bridge Hammock ...is it comfortable?

  • milwaukee_son
    Sep 25, 2007
      > i have to say, in my hammock i'm so close to flat that the slight curve is hard for me to
      detect. i need to get someone to check it w/ a line<g>.
      > i use a different method than most... narrow hammock, hung w/ not much sag. i also
      use a DAM, softly inflated to conform.

      Tim, I've seen pictures of you in your hammock. How wide is your DAM? How effective is it at
      pushing out the sides of your hammock?

      I'm thinking that a set up for a really cold night in a bridge hammock could be a 26" wide
      Exped DAM inside the bridge, sleeping in a normal deep winter sleeping bag. If the spreader
      bars are closer to 36" than 42" inches and the DAM pushes out whatever shoulder squeeze
      there is, with an overcover one would have quite a nice "floating tent" like feel, with closure
      small enough to keep some heat (or at least cut the air movement, and large enough to be
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic