18091[Hammock Camping] Re: Bridge Hammock ...is it comfortable?

  • terry_and_pearl
    Sep 24 6:06 PM

      > i have to say, in my hammock i'm so close to flat that the slight
      curve is hard for me to detect. i need to get someone to check it w/
      a line<g>.
      > i use a different method than most... narrow hammock, hung w/
      not much sag. i also use a DAM, softly inflated to conform.

      > but when i've laid in other hammock types... a loosely hung, 5'
      wide by 11' long hammock (dave's), & a hh clone (headchange's) i was
      also so close to flat that if there was a sag going in the direction
      of a banana, it was very minimal & i was extreamly comfrtable w/o a
      DAM. mater a fact in dave's wide hammock, my feet seemed to rest a
      few inches lower than my back as they were off to one side, and the
      back/torso was perfectly supported.
      > the only reason i haven't made a wider hammock like that is
      more hammock material & more insulation. but it was so comfortable, i
      might could do w/o the DAM.

      > i haven't wanted to be negative toward the bridge type hammocks,
      because they will probably suit some folks better, but the two i've
      laid in seemed far to rigid & non-conforming after using the more
      common types.
      > i disliked the shoulder squeeze too but of course i realize
      that can probably be helped by using longer spreader bars.

      > another thing i really like about my hammock style is lower
      sides for a great view!!! ...tim

      Tim - you're probably not a good candidate for a Bridge Hammock. You
      seem to have found what you like and is comfortable for you. Maybe a
      good idea to stick with it.

      I'm just having a lot of fun in designing something completely new and
      different and also enjoying the fact that for me it works so very well.

      I'm really not trying to talk anybody into the Bridge Hammock instead
      of something else. I just get enthusiastic and like to share that with
      others. If I didn't enjoy the Bridge Hammock I just wouldn't do it.
      Sorry if that comes across as being pushy or anything - it's not meant
      to be that way.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic