18022Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Bliss portable hammock stand

    Sep 11, 2007
      Garius,

      I sense that you have not figured out 'hammock geometry' yet. You
      don't want to hang that 9'10" hammock stretched tight, you will want
      to hang it somewhat loose, or with some sag, where the ends of the
      hammock might be separated by 8'5", or somewhere in that range. The
      issue I see with that 10 foot stand is the 42" height, I would have
      liked to see it a foot higher. You can still use it but it will limit
      the amount of sag you can get and still stay off the floor, so your
      hammock may not be as comfortable as it could be with more sag. You
      will live through that <grin> but may want to hang it with more sag
      when you are outdoors using trees that allow more flexibility.

      I have written a few things about sag angle that may or may not help
      you understand that and they a posted in the files section under
      Youngblood's stuff
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/files/Youngblood%27s/ .

      You mentioned the Speer Segmented Pad Extender to increase comfort, I
      think you will find that they aren't usually used to increase the
      comfort of a hammock but to help you stay warm using pads and other
      items you may already have... they work fine for that.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and SnugFit Underquilt