18003[Hammock Camping] Re: hammock bivy idea!

  • Debra Weisenstein
    Sep 9, 2007
      Yes, I put darts in the insulation. I didn't sew the darts together
      in the insulation, just cut out the excess and let the sewing on the
      edges hold it together. The insulation really is sticky so it sticks
      to itself pretty well.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "d2aisy2000" <delliott78@...>
      > Deb,
      > Thanks for your description of the measuring techniques and darts you
      > used for your bivy. I made a down-insulated hammock (lengthwise
      > tubes), and arrived at a good 3-dimensional shape by inspecting and
      > adjusting the baffles before I attached the bottom surface and
      > injected the down. Now I want to make a primaloft version for someone
      > who's allergic to down. Your experience with Climashield could be
      > very helpful. Did you put darts in the insulation as well as the
      > bottom cover? I've thought of sewing the primaloft into tubes and
      > using baffles, as I did with my down hammock, but I like the idea of
      > just sewing the insulation at the edges of the hammock. Thanks.
      > David
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Debra Weisenstein"
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic