17998Re: [Hammock Camping] SEHHA at Hot Springs next weekend- prototype tarp to show.

    Sep 6, 2007
      hey dave... i like that tarp! i'll look forward to checking it out in person. ...tim

      Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote: I posted some photos for a new tarp design that is primarily for
      winter use with hammocks or when you want privacy with your hammock in
      campground environments... I guess it is the Winter Tarp 07, I don't
      think we have a name for it yet. The 07 has an 11 foot ridgeline and
      is 10 feet wide.

      Ed and I will bring prototypes to the SEHHA at Hot Springs next
      weekend. It is a little different and a flexible, but uncomplicated
      approach for winter backpacking with hammocks. Ed and I used our
      combined experience with our winter backpacking trips to come up with
      this design and tried to design out the short comings we discovered in
      some of our previous winter tarps when we used them in winter
      conditions in the southern Appalachian Mountains.

      http://tinyurl.com/24gn3u

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and the SnugFit Underquilt