17954Re: [Hammock Camping] Leaky hammock

  • Ralph Oborn
    Aug 28, 2007
      So now I am thinking of a bigger tarp or ANY suggestions would do.
      I cannot afford that to happen in the mountains at all. Not using my
      hammock would not be a good thing. I do have a Hennessey Ultra light

      Thanks
      Debbie in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

      Was it leaking in through the sides of the tarp, or just coming in the ends?

      A bigger tarp would help either way,

      If from the sides or ends

      - you could pitch the tarp lower
      - You could pitch it tighter (steeper) closer to the hammock
      -

      Is the water running down the rope?
      A drip interupter would help (Piece of twine on the rope just under the
      tarp)

      Ralph