17924[Hammock Camping] Re: Giving Up

  • Brona
    Aug 10, 2007
      You are correct, GSMNP does not allow any animals. Nor does
      Baxter. However, prior to starting on the AT and knowing the rules
      for GSMNP, I emailed and asked if service animals are allowed on the
      AT through their park. The reply was:

      "Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 2:26 PM
      Subject: service animals on A.T. in Smokies

      Park regulations allow for service animals on trails. Generally
      proof is not required as need is apparent although most service
      animals do have certification papers.
      George Minnigh
      Park Ranger"

      Brona