17904Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: noob here! Hi

  • Garry
    Jul 31, 2007
      Hi Boonie,
      I ride a BMW R1200GS, just finished making a rear storage platform to carry my over packing camping gear! Taking a friend who is tenting it so I will carry his gear too since he is on a wee sport bike. I had a nighthawk too, fun bike.
      I don't have the knees for bicycle trip although it sounds fun too.

      Bonnie <treehugger@...> wrote: --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Garry" <garryjirvine@...> wrote:

      > Just joined and wanted to say hi, just got an ENO double nest with bug
      > net and waiting on dryfly. Plan on taking a 3 day hammock camping
      > motorcycle trip soon.

      Hi Garry,
      I'm new to the group as well. Your trip will be a blast I just know
      it. Can't wait to read all about it. My husband and I are thinking of
      doing a bicycle trip on the Virginia Creeper Trail. I'm panting just
      thinking about it. The motorcycle sounds like a better idea to me.
      What kind of bike do you ride? In my younger days I rode a Honda
      Nighthawk 350.

      Bonnie