17898Re: 1st time was almost stinky

  • Bonnie
    Jul 31, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "daugdo2" <dau122@...> wrote:

      > I peeked anyway and saw a big,fat skunk staring back at me. I listed
      > to him (or her) scratching around me (and under me!)for 15 minutes
      > before it moved off. Could have been worse!

      My heart races whenever critters start getting under the hammock. I
      always think it's a racoon that will try to climb in with me. But it's
      the big noises that make me afraid to even peek out sometimes.

      On my first overnight I awoke to a beautiful great Blue Heron fishing
      in the lake about 15 yards away. When it flew away I knew in my heart
      that my hammock and I were going to be great companions.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic