17876Re: [Hammock Camping] Stands

    Jul 26 8:36 AM
      Hi Ralph,

      The wood stand I have on my main page is cheap and works well. Cost is
      about $20 if I remember right. It takes some space to move it unless
      you do a lot of disassembly. It is perfect if you have a pickup.

      Ed's metal pipe version (version 2 with larger pipe) works well too. I
      have one that I put together. It is much easier to put this one in the
      trunk of a car. Unfortunately, the pieces cost me about $200. Weight
      is about 75 pounds, so it takes two trips to move the pieces when
      carried by hand.

      The version that I built from steel pipe does not have a brace across
      the bottom. It works fine on ground, but does not work well if used on
      a slippery surface.

      Rick

      Ralph Oborn wrote:
      > Anyone got some plans for some good portable hammock stands??
      >
      > I know we've had them here?
      >
      > Ralph

      Walk Well!

      Rick (Risk)