17830[Hammock Camping] Re: Table Rock State Park, SC

    Jul 12, 2007
      Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
      company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
      about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
      to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
      Table Rock?

      Dave

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:

      > Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
      the Ridge
      > Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
      the loop
      > would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
      > Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
      loop is
      > the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
      legs
      > left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
      > morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
      Sunday hike
      > because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
      > Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
      we'll just
      > play it by ear...

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic