17784Re: [Hammock Camping] One tree hammock camping

    Jul 2, 2007
      some one recently said some thing that got me thinking about something close to what you're talking about.
      what if you used a tri pod instead of a bi pod? you might even be able to use a tri pod on each end if you came up w/ a way to brace it well enough to keep it from twisting.
      for the ridge pole you could use the top rail that is used on a chain link fence. it has a flare on one end so you could take the ridge pole apart for travel.
      some of the same parts used for a chain link fence might could be used to connect the tri pod together??? ...tim

      kf7gd <kf7gd@...> wrote:
      Yep I was not very clear on what I am trying now. I gave up on a
      stake and put up a bipod on one end (2 2by 4's joined at the center)
      and put a 15foot long piece of antenna mast between the bipod and the
      tree on the other end. The bipod has one end of the hammock tied to
      it to hold everything together. I guess its kind of like 1/2 an A
      frame house.

      Ill try some angle iron, but will probably not be able to get it in
      the ground. Washington has lots of rocks (at least this part) so I
      need to do some head scratching. I think I understand the angles I
      have moved the stake 10 feet from the bipod it lasts longer but still
      pulls out. Maybe Ill try a plate with several ground stakes (it would
      be easier to pack than 15 feet of antenna mast!)

      thanks for the help!

      Art.