17771My first stealth camping night

  • dt king
    Jun 30, 2007
      I was here: http://tinyurl.com/39nbl7

      It's only about a mile from my house; easy overnighter with my
      daypack. Two liters of water, no food. Explored the park for a
      couple of hours -- the early blueberries are nummy. Took too long to
      find a good spot, so tied up using my headlamp.

      I'd hoped that my light 45 degree fleece bag would be ok for a mild
      night in my clothes. No. With the low sinking to the upper 50s, I
      added my car shade mylar+foam pad, bandanna head cover and my backup
      space blanket. Need to see if I can fit my fluffy sleeping bag on
      that pack.

      Clear sky, so tried using my tarp in the stuff bag for a pillow. Not
      comfortable. Maybe try something inflatable next time.

      Of course, when you're cold at night, you pee a lot. I wanted to get
      away from the hammock, but I was also concerned about losing it in the
      dark. My headlamp has a flashing mode, so I hung it on a tree as a
      return beacon. Used my tiny backup light for walking. Seems
      dangerously high tech. What do other people do to keep from getting
      lost in the dark?
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic