17767Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Basics?

  • Scott
    Jun 29, 2007
      Yes, you can use the gear you have with a hammock. Many people sleep on
      pads in a hammock. However, many prefer an under-quilt. In many cases they
      are more comfortable than pads. Personally, I prefer an under-quilt. I
      don't like sleeping in a hammock with a pad.

      There are a great deal of forums and hammock sites. This list is a great
      resource. Another good resource is hammockforums.net.

      Here is a list of commercial camping hammocks, which may be of interest.
      SpeerHammocks.com
      hennessyhammock.com
      junglehammock.com/
      MosquitoHammock.com