17762Re: [Hammock Camping] poncho tarp for HH

  • Dick Matthews
    Jun 28, 2007

      The GoLite appears to be made with the 1.9 oz. silnylon rather than the
      1.1 oz.

      I may have exaggerated the hood opening problem. I like to pitch the
      fly very flat for visibility and had one bad experience. As long as
      there is enough slope to the poncho that water does not puddle then the
      hood opening should not be a problem.

      I carry a Gossamer Gear Spinnsheet (3.3 oz.) for a packing and unpacking
      area. It can be thrown over the hammock ridgeline and secured with
      binder clips under the hood opening.

      The GoLite is a good piece of gear. I hope it fits your style.

      Dick Matthews