17605Re: [Hammock Camping] sewing no-see-um question

  • chcoa
    Jun 12, 2007
      thanks everyone for the great suggestions regarding sewing the bug
      netting. I just need to make some time now and get hte project
      going.

      Rogene, yep I'm the one you bought the HH from. So glad to hear
      your husband likes it. I had sellers remorse for a while after
      parting with it. :)

      jamie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>
      wrote:

      > Jamie
      > use a new needle only so there little
      > chance of a rough needle snagging the bug netting.
      > Use only 100% polyester thread. Threads with cotton
      > tend to rot over time. I'd use a faiely fne needle proapby a ball
      point
      > needle too. No ball point needles tend to cut the fabric threads
      where ball
      > points push the threads aside while sewing.
      >
      > Bug neeting tends to be stretchy especialy along the digaional
      cuts. Use
      > some blue painters tape where you are cutting before actualy
      applying the
      > sissors. This is only a sugestion but I'm thinking that this will
      prevent
      > the
      > distortion of the netting when cut and sewing. Sew over the
      painters tape
      > then remove the tape. I think masking tape won't come off as
      easily as
      > painters tape. I've not tired the painters tape but have done
      some sewing
      > with masking tape that worked but was hard remove
      > from the fabric.
      >
      > Good luck on your sewing project.
      > Jamie I think you must be the person I bough the Hennesy hammock
      with super
      > shelter. My husband love it's warmth as he sleeps pretty cold
      while I use
      > his Hennesy
      > without all the supershelter gishmoes. Thankx so much for getting
      me into a
      > Hennesy.
      >
      > Rogene.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic