      From: Tygerheart [mailto:tygerheart73@...]
      Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 9:21 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Hammock Camping greetings fellow hammock makers

      Hello, I was thrilled to find this group on yahoogroups.  I simply did a
      search to see if others were discussing hammocks beside the info on my
      list and found this group. I've been lurking for a about a month while I
      read Ed's book.  Now I'm ready to gather the materials and start a
      couple of camping hammocks a la Speer.
      My sister and I weave hammocks from cotton/poly cording and thought
      years ago they would be ideal for camping with a tarp over them .
      HOWEVER, we discovered our hammocks, ranging from 8 to 14 pounds, are
      WAY too heavy to take on a hike.  I store mine in a huge Rubbermaid tote
      when not in use. I bet it would hold a Volkswagen though. :-D We call
      ours the Carolina Crescent Hammock.
      I'll be "hanging out" with my new camping hammock somewhere between
      Jones Gap and  Devil's Fork State Parks in beautiful UpState SC as soon
      as I recover from knee surgery later in the fall.

      Regards,
      Carol

      PS - you can see our work here.
      http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/tygerheart/homepage2.html