17548Re: [Hammock Camping] Buried post depth

  • Steve Bennett
    Jun 4, 2007
      Up here in Canada only burying the post 1ft would cause it to heave
      out of alignment when the ground freezes. I think you would want to
      go down at least 4ft and taper the hole out towards the bottom.

      On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Scott Schroeder wrote:

      > I'm going to be building a pergola out back and I might need to hang
      > from some of the posts.
      > So if I'm going to be burying a 4X4 post and filling with concrete,
      > will anything over a foot be plenty strong? The posts aren't going to
      > have to hold much weight in the way of lumber, so it's just the
      > strength for hammocking that I'm concerned about.
      > Any other advice?
      > Thanks
      > Scott
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic