17524[Hammock Camping] Re: Tightening a Hennessy Hammock without undoing the lashing?

  • sebastiantoney
    May 30, 2007
      Yeah, dual rings aren't idiot proof. I see a lot of people using 1.5
      in inner dia ring with only 1 inch webbing. Hello. The wider the
      webbing the more friction you get. That with the half hitch and making
      sure the rings are properly aligned and as Joseph says makes sure
      everything is taught before getting in makes it slip much less slip.

      I keep wondering why some people have problem with ring slippage and
      others don't. I'm not sure why it is, but I suspect it's because
      people aren't going through all the steeps necessary to secure the
      unit before hopping in their hammocks.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Cabatu <jcabatu@...> wrote:

      > Every now and then that would happen to me also. But what i do now
      along with the half hitch is to give the webbing (mule rope) a tug to
      lock the ring before putting any weight in the hammock. The seems to
      have solve that problem.