17420Re: [Hammock Camping] modified sleeping bag

  • chcoa
    May 7, 2007
      I''ve been using this method for two winters and I find I don't
      sleep as well because I'm not as able to sleep on the "diagonal".
      Does anyone else experience this and have you found a solution?

      Jamie in AZ

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, gerzson <gerzson@...> wrote:
      > On 5/8/07, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
      > > for the volt I just let it hang or flip the bag
      > > over in cold weather and look out the side kinda plus use a
      > > hat.
      > This is also how I used mine in the last years:
      > (I am inside here)
      > But with the mentioned cold spots at the shoulder and there was
      > another thing: the zipper cover (on the inside) was designed to
      > with the bag facing upwards (hanging over the zipper). When the
      bag is
      > upside down the cover is no longer insulating the zipper and in the
      > cold nights I kept pushing it over the zipper (at least in the
      > area where I could reach).
      > The down jacket in the picture above made a big difference after I
      > it over me.
      > Another advantage of the two cuts is than I can now use the zipper
      > it's intended purpose: cooling/ventilation, with the bag still
      > remaining close to the hammock at the back.
      > gerzson
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic