17414Re: Hammock for Boy Scout

  • kf7gd
    May 7, 2007
      I am new to hammock camping.

      I own one of the HH and it works well, easy to set up and fine in rain
      (I live in Seattle). I also have some speer hammocks usually used for
      my boys. Both are good quality and should work fine. After use I
      find I prefer the speer hammocks as they are more versitle.

      Good luck eithor should work fine.

      Art.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steve & Polly" <stepol@...> wrote:

      > We are looking for a hammock system for a Boy Scout to use camping and
      > backpacking. It needs to include hanging system, rain cover, and
      > insect netting. He wants to be able to use the money in his scout
      > account to purchase it so we are looking for an inexpensive syatem but
      > he also camps over 50 nights a year with the Boys Scouts so we need a
      > good system for him. Last night he discovered Hennessy Hammocks and
      > their Scout hammock system selling complete for $80. He is only 5 feet
      > tall and 115 pound so I know the size will be okay. Is this a good
      > system? What do you recommend?
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic