17403Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock stand

    May 2, 2007
      I believe I have seen chairs made out of PVC, light weight aluminum,
      etc, and I feel that any material you can make a chair out of, you
      have a good chance of making a hammock stand out of. One of the big
      hurdles is the fittings to connect pieces together-- finding them in
      the right shapes and strong enough. If you could make whatever you
      wanted you could do it with a lot of different light weight materials.