17387[Hammock Camping] "How to Make your own... (was Quilt Kit Help)

  • Sandy Kramer
    Apr 26, 2007
      I think it was here (and fairly recently) that someone mentioned a book
      called "How to Make your Own Lightweight Camping and Hiking Gear."

      I went to Amazon and found it (used) really cheap so I ordered it. By
      Vick Rolling Hines. It's a large-sized paperback with a $14.95 price
      but the cover illustration is really ancient looking. It was printed
      in April 1981 - 26 years ago!!

      I only paid $5.50 ($2 + 3.50 shipping) so that's not an issue, but I'm
      wondering if the new fabrics/accessories/designs make this book
      marginally useful. Another thought is whether there is a newer edition?

      Anyone have this book or cares to recommend another one?

      PS It was really cool to see a photo of Ed Speer and Sgt. Rock.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Scott <hacktorious@...> wrote:

      > The clips work great, thanks for the tip... I learned a lot and my
      sewing skills have improved a great deal.