17384Re: Therma Rest follow up

  • AndrĂ© Corterier
    Apr 25 2:08 AM
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "thc305" <jrp@...> wrote:

      > The Thermarest is essential for camping with a hammock and if you
      camp
      > next to a lake, you can also use it as a water hammock. Therma rest
      > make the best lounging chair in a lake. Fold one end up as a pillow
      and
      > lounge on the lake. You've never experience a pleasure such as
      this!
      > Promise. JR.

      I have found that I can do well with much lighter bottom insulation
      solutions (which will still do double duty on the ground, though at a
      severe decline in comfort) than an inflatable pad.

      The water hammock does sound intriguing and I will be passing by a
      couple of lakes (and in July, I will definitely want to go for a
      swim). But I am loathe to carry the extra weight just for that. I
      have a DownMat which I have yet to try out on water - I have read
      great things about them. I should get around to trying out this and a
      number of other impromptu water conveyances in September (we have an
      Outdoor camp scheduled which will see us doing such things).
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic