17383Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock camping without bottom insulation

  • André Corterier
    Apr 25, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Carey Parks" <cjp129@...>
      wrote:

      > Even in the Everglades in July I use a Thermarest under me in my HH
      > Expedition. I sweat a good deal, and when I lie in the hammock it
      too gets
      > sweaty, which leads to nice cooling. At some point in the night I
      end up too
      > cool and put something under me. I may not need the thermarest -
      sometimes
      > just a fleece blanket will do. You won't know what works for you in
      those
      > conditions until you try it.

      Yes, a thermarest would definitely be too heavy for me. I believe an
      adequately-sized fleece blanket would also be heavier than the 5mm
      (0.2 inch) Evazote ccf pad I'm thinking of using.

      André

      July,
      > chances are it will be *warm*.
      >
      > So - is there a temperature at which y'all feel that no bottom
      > insulation is necessary in a hammock? (I'll be using a HH
      hammock.) I
      > can take my usual thin ccf pad which is only half a pound, but as
      I'm