17348Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock camping without bottom insulation

    Apr 12, 2007
      I always carried two pads 36 inches long and 20 inches wide. (50x90 cm)
      and then overlapped them by a hand's bredth under me. That way I could
      have a nice wide pad in a hammock, or a double thickness on a hard
      floor, or a double length on the ground.

      And yes, the temperature I got cold was about 27 C. And yes, I was
      thinking that I had never experienced a night that warm in Germany.

      André Corterier wrote:
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Rick <ra1@...> wrote:
      >> When the night-time temperature drops below 80 F I am not comfortable
      >> without bottom insulation. When it is above 80, I enjoy the cooling
      >> breeze of an uninsulated hammock until I begin to get cold, then I
      > get
      >> up and put a piece of foam under me. I have had this experience
      > exactly
      >> once - July 4 when the daytime temperature was above 90 F.
      >> Rick
      > That's like what - 25 C? Not likely. I guess I'll be packing my pad.
      > Can use something to stiffen up my pack, anyway. Maybe I'll try cutting
      > it down to butt-to-shoulder size. What do you think?
      > Thanks,
      > André
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Walk Well!